Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wikijunior Big Cats

[[Wikijunior Big Cats]] is finally receiving some of the attention that it deserves. It's an excellent book aimed at young children, and has a lot of great images of cool cats. Textbook-l received a note today about how this book has been published on Scribd.com, and about how the book was in preparation to be published and distributed. I'm not closely involved in this project, so I don't know much about it. I do know that this has been in the works for a long time, and has been the subject of several heated discussions between Wikibookians and WMF "outsiders" in the past. Many Wikibookians who were involved in this project have since left Wikibooks, so it's amazing to me that work has continued on it silently but diligently all this time.

Anyway, this is just a short update note. Like I said, I don't know all the details about this, but I'll post information when I learn it.

1 comment:

  1. I glossed over the first few pages and one question came to mind: Age recommendation, ie. vocabulary. Would it not be good for all books to have a guideline as to the age range of its audience?
    Also, are the books marked up in docbook, sgml, tex?
    Otherwise, looks cool.

    ReplyDelete